Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Finding Rhythm ( Looking for the perfect beat )

Lately, my work has become my alter-ego of sorts. I've started a new job that functions 24 hours a day--- and they've got me for 12 of them! ( Don't judge me wrong, the money is superb and I'm not turning that down) Maybe I'm premature in thinking this, but finding a rhythm amid this chaos is just that--- CHAOS!! You just wanna transform into your Alter Ego costume and see that justice is served!!! Any artist with a commitment will understand this...

Imagine waking up, and the first thing you see is your art table... On that table is a small stack of unfinished pages and one-sheets... The urge to finish them BURNS a hole in the very pit of your stomach! You desperately want to sit down with a cup of java and nail your imagination to the wall, but the need to hit the highway to make cash money is even greater?! Not to mention that when the day is over, you feel like a complete drunk--- Y'know, kinda like when your brain and inner dialogue seems fine, but your body and its functions rebel against everything you say or do?

I feel wasted as I type my feelings on being wasted! Jeez... Life comes at you fast.

Hopefully, I'll have another shot at the table when I get a day off... And on that day: ZZZZZZZZ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's like you could read my mind. I feel the same way...