Friday, November 27, 2009

Tis' The Season For The Treason And Other Trifling Moments


Hopefully everyone out there is having a wonderful Thanksgiving--- mine was spent working, but hey, can't have it all, can we? While I was out and about, I'll admit, I've never seen so many people buying turkey/peanut oil combo's in my life! (Deep-fried turkey moves like Blue Magic around here) Of course, my time leads into the wildest shopping day of the year--- the infamous BLACK FRIDAY! Even with the economy the way it is, that didn't stop the hundreds of people out there buying everything from ROCK BAND to ZHU ZHU PETS (the EBay Toy of the Year), laptops to flat screen TV's... Of course, desperation and excitement often go hand-in-hand on days like this.

For example, I happened to come across this one guy stealing 10 Rib Eye steaks at $18 bucks a pop, shoving them down his pants! His PANTS, mind you... As he shoves them in one after the other, he doesn't realize that the plastic wrap on the packs are tearing, causing the blood in the packs to run.

Here's where I come in.

I walk up on this guy just as he finishes the last pack, whipping around in a sudden mix of shock, fear, and embarrassment; saying, " Hey man... I'm just trying to feed my kids..." My reaction is more like, ' Gee, sounds like a great After-Thankgiving-Sampler, but I think your failure to include a maxi-pad in your larceny list is duly noted', as I point down to the HUGE blood stains running down the front of his pants. He yanked the hundred-eighty-odd bucks in steaks out of his Murder One Jeans and hauled ass as people stopped and stared.

Needless to say, it's a holiday... I just stood there and laughed. And now, so are you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING from PLANET GRIFFIN... And after the bathroom break, it's back to work.

6 comments:

Samax said...

LOL! that's priceless!

RodBuddah said...

Don't I know it! In that situation, I figured self humiliation was far better than a charge. I'm still laughing my ass off with this one, ESPECIALLY whenever I see a super absorbant maxi!

Happy holidays to you and your fam, Samax! Thanks for chiming in.

RodBuddah said...

By the way, Samax--- that 'Blue Magic' tagline of yours is CLASSIC!

Had to make that public!

Samax said...

it's all good!
i wonder what he did after that... that mess is just hilarious!

Brian Miller said...

This story had me laughing out loud. You're going to have so much material for a graphic novel...

The Infamous RodBuddah said...

Oh, the wealth of material is vast, Brian! Moreover, it's further proof that life IS stranger than fiction!